Simple tips to Take Care Of Your Guinea Pig
Guinea pigs, also called cavies, are friendly and pets that are inquisitive. Nonetheless, they require dedication and regular attention to ensure they remain healthy and delighted. Keep reading to discover how exactly to care for your pocketful of sunshine.
Guinea pigs are sociable pocket animals, can be tamed, and that can live for approximately a decade. Their nature that is friendly makes great pets. They’re also really smart.
Guinea pigs are happiest whenever kept along with other guinea pigs. Nonetheless, should you keep males and females together, be sure both pets would be the exact same intercourse or at minimum one sex happens to be desexed.
RSPCA NSW will not suggest maintaining guinea pigs and rabbits together. Rabbits can give conditions to guinea pigs, and so they might bully one another.
Guinea pigs are herbivores. To help keep them happy and healthy, they require:
- a consistent source of top quality lawn that is fresh grass hay, such as for example Meadow, Oaten, Pasture, Ryegrass, Timothy or Wheaten hays. This is really important for using straight straight down their constantly growing teeth.
- fresh, leafy greens and natural natural herbs each day, such as for instance broccoli, cabbage (in lower amounts), celery, endives, Brussel sprouts, bok choy as well as other Asian greens, and dark-leafed lettuce varieties; and natural herbs such as for instance basil, coriander, dandelion, dill, mint and parsley. Understand that carrot tops should simply be offered as a treat that is occasional.
- tiny levels of top-quality guinea pig pellets. These needs to have at least content that is fibre of %.
- A source that is daily of C, such as for instance smaller amounts of citrus and kiwi fruits
- a consistent way to obtain clean, fresh water
Try not to feed your guinea pig:
- morning meal cereals
- Clover or Lucerne (Alfalfa) hays
- yard bushes
- lily associated with the valley
- pea pea pea nuts
- onion grass
- potato tops
- natural beans
- rhubarb leaves
- spinich leaves